Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

Have a mastercraft boat. 1 year old battery that was just

Customer Question

Have a mastercraft boat. 1 year old battery that was just tested and verified as good. Starter replaced last year. Turn the key and we get a beep, but the boat doesn't turn over at all. Any suggestions?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 6 months ago.

Hello Ken. My name is Tan.

We need to check voltage at the yellow/red wire at the key switch key in crank position. Do you have voltage? If yes then we need to go to the slave solenoid on the engine and check for voltage on the yellow/red wire key crank [position. Do you have voltage?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No clue. I'm probably going to have to take it in. I'm out of town and trying to trouble shoot for my ex.
Expert:  Tan replied 6 months ago.

Ok the only way to determine the problem is by doing some voltage tests. Do the gauges come on?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
actually, she managed to get it to start now. Not sure if there was a bad connection with the terminals, when when she put the cables back on, it started. We are good now
Expert:  Tan replied 6 months ago.

Loose or corroded battery cable can cause this issue. We would have found the issue with the voltage tests.

Glad it was something simple.

Post back if you have issue.

Thank you.....Tan.