Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I have a 1989 johnson150gtvro and only getting no spark in

Customer Question

I have a 1989 johnson150gtvro and only getting no spark in top left cylinder noticed with cdi power pack and also with new original iohnson power has a new cdi rec/ reg. And new stator, new champion marine plugs , and coils and wires compression was all good and spark is there but not in that one cylinder boat idols fine but takes a bit to come on plane and will nax out at 41 sog on gps
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Also the timming base is new and also cdi
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Can I get the engine model number please?