Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

Engine was running great last week. tried on thursday and

Customer Question

engine was running great last week. tried on thursday and turned over fine but would not start. full of gas.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

All Mercurys are cataloged by serial number, can I get that number so I can look up and see exactly which engine you have.

Next, have you checked fuel pressure or spark output on your own yet? Were you looking to work on this yourself? (I don't know what you have for tools)

Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

I'm going to decline the call for now until I know what kind of expectations you had. What kinds of questions did you have?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
my cell # *****(###) ###-####/ serial # *****
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Already gave card #
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
waiting for anwser
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

You didn't ask any kinds of questions. In order to get an answer you have to ask a question.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
need my engine to start
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
need responce
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Need my engine to start is not a question. These are complicated engines, the odds of you fixing it yourself even with my assistance are slim. Did you have any actual questions? If you did not, then you need to take this to a dealer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
not even a suggestion thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

The first thing that I need for you to do is make sure that the kill switch is in the full ON position. then I am going to need you to remove the fuel filter from the right side of the engine, it looks like an oil filter for a car. Pour the contents into a glass jar. Allow this to settle for a minute. Is there one or more layers in it?