Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

Run fine at first,starts spitting and rough idle later in

Customer Question

Run fine at first,starts spitting and rough idle later in the day
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Its a 2003 175 johnson. As the motor gets warm it starts to spit and sputter at idle and dies when put under a load. I had carbs rebuilt ,new coil packs fuel sytem checked new vro pump
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Cant think of anything else
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

You have one of the ignition components failing when they get hot. When the motor starts to fail, test the voltages coming from the stator going to the power pack. Most likely it is one of these two that is going bad.