Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My landlord has a 2015 wave runner got water in engine

Customer Question

My landlord has a 2015 wave runner got water in engine compartment and water in the motor. I took the spark plug out turn it over for while got most of the water out. But know has no spark.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: It has no spark with new spark plug ground the motor.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 4 months ago.

Hi and thank you for your question.

To be able to custom tailor an answer for you, and lead you in the right direction from the start, I need to know the exact make model and year of the water craft you are working on. Also, any additional information you might have about how the engine got water in it is beneficial too. One last thing is the water salt water or fresh water in the engine and how long has it had water in it? Did you dump oil down the spark plug holes after you got water out?

Thanks

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It had water for about a week or maybe 2 weeks. He just told me about it. It is fresh water. it's a 2015 yamaha superjet
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I haven't put oil in it yet. Do that tomorrow
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for the additional information. If you can get enough of your buddies together, you should be able to flip the ski upside down with the plugs out and get all the water out of the engine. Once you do that, you need to get oil in the engine to mitigate the damages.

As far as spark, the first thing you need to do is disconnect the plastic connector coming out of the handle pole that has one white and one black wire in it. With that disconnected, re=test for spark.
IF that doesn't work, you are going need a digital volt/ohm meter. Do you have access to one and know how to use it?

Thanks,

Customerbr />
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok I'll give that a try.thanks
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 4 months ago.

Super. Since the entire electrical system is supposed to be water tight, I wouldn't immediately expect a problem internally with the electrics just because it filled up with water.

Best of luck, let me know if you need more help.

Thanks

Customer/p>