Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.

I have twin 4.3 liter volvo, 2005 and have not run it years,

Customer Question

I have twin 4.3 liter volvo, 2005 and have not run it for two years, the fuel tank was only 1/4 full, (I know stupid), then just filled it up took it to the water (after replacing the fuel/water filters) and the port engine after about 5 minutes started backfiring and cutting out bad. but Starboard engine ran fine. I have the port engine running now out of the water. for the first five minutes it ran rough now it is running fine. Any suggestions? thanks
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: not that I know of. I plan on getting new fuel filters tomorrow and replacing them just to add an ounce of prevention. thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

The tanks really should have been pumped out before adding fuel to it. What you will have to do is get a portable tank and hook that up to the engine and see if it runs better on that. If it does, the fuel tank will have to be pumped out. Does that make sense to you? Did you have any further questions on the issue?

Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

It looks like you read my reply.

I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you

Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Hello, just checking in, did you have any other questions on the issue?

Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

It looks like you read my reply without putting through a rating for me. Please keep in mind the website did charge you to speak with me, but they will hold your money and not credit me for helping you out if no rating is put through. If you have a problem with the ratings box or can not see it please let me know.