Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

Can you remove the VST on a 2006 90hp EFI without removing

Customer Question

Can you remove the VST on a 2006 90hp EFI without removing the intakes? Two bolts look easy, the third is pretty well buried under then intake silencer/manifold.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Mercruy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Actually the answer is no. the intake needs to come off in order to get access to all the hoses that go into this VST. The good thing is that the intake seals are O-rings, so they can be reused.