Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

2001 Mercury 200 outboard will only run half speed and miss

Customer Question

2001 Mercury 200 outboard will only run half speed and miss firing around 3000 rpms
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: This morning the first time I started up and went out, boat ran fine for 5 minutes then same problem.
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: New gas and spark plugs. No change
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Could I please get the serial number off the engine?

Are you getting alarms when this happens?

Does the warning horn in the boat beep when you turn the key on?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
QSJG016290S0 is SN. NO ALARMS OR WARNINGS. NOW JUST GOES ABOUT HALF SPEED WITH THROTTLE FULL. SEEMS TO BE MISFIRING TOO A LITTLE.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Actually it says 2002 on motor...
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** that is the boat. The engine should start with a 0, followed by a letter, then 6 more numbers.Located on the right side clamp bracket