Kenny O.
Kenny O., Personal Watercraft Specialist, Kawasaki Jet Ski, Yamaha Wave Runners, Sea Doo Watercraft
Experience:  Product Specialist Kawasaki Factory Support 24 Years, 8 years National Technical Director IJSBA
30381042

Kenny I have the new oe stator in and have started

Customer Question

Hi Kenny I have the new oe stator in and have started rebuilding. Using the service manual I got where everything goes but there are two colored wires I'm stuck on and that is the three greens and pinks. I was curious if there is a electrical diagram that will help show how these connect.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It shows where they go well but not how they connect
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Diagram I have
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Photo
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 9 months ago.

Hi this is Kenny, what is the model and year of this ? and what are you trying to accomplish here exactly ?

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's a 1997 Yamaha exciter 220 jet boat. I had to remove the electrical unit to replace the stator. I'm reassembling the electrical unit and engine now. I can follow assembly instructions no problem. I'm just looking for help on the wiring diagram so I know I have the wires connected properly
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The main problem being the colored wires from the stator and switches because there are three male and female green and pink wires. I just can't tell which green goes to what green and what pinks connect all balled together in the diagram provided
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 9 months ago.

Here is a diagram, the greens are grounds

Let me know of this helps

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you at glance looks much easier to follow
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is there a diagram that shows the Cdi unit, stator, starter relay, and rectifier regulator