Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

2010 tracker grizzly 1754 w/25hp four stroke. Motor starts

Customer Question

2010 tracker grizzly 1754 w/25hp four stroke.Motor starts easily and idles fine but it will not accelerate to full speed. the motor goes about half speed and at the point the motor stops accelerating the RPMs don't go up either... At this point the throttle lever still has room to go.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Primer ball is firm.
I made sure gas tank vent was opened
Don't see any fuel leaks
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Hi Vince, my name is Jason.

All Mercurys are cataloged by serial number, can I get that number so I can run it and see exactly which engine you have.

Next, what is the maximum rpms the engine is hitting according to the tachometer?

Finally, what is the story on this engine? Have you ever personally seen it make full power?