Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 96 seadoo xp, when it gets warmed up it cuts out at

Customer Question

I have a 96 seadoo xp, when it gets warmed up it cuts out at about 45 mph. It's like you are cutting the throttle on and off. Otherwise runs and starts great.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I have cleaned the carbs, replaced the stator and cdi box.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

You are going to need to go back into the carbs and set the pop off pressure correctly. If it is not correct, it can cause this issue.