Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I was given a 2003 sea doo GTI le, 212cc I believe. I

Customer Question

I was given a 2003 sea doo GTI le, 212cc I believe. I charged the battery and connected the safety key to the post and have nothing. No power no beep. Fuses have been replaced and good.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?
Customer: I jumped the starter solonoide and engine turns over
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Electronics Specialist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ?

If you have a close estimate of how many hours are on this unit that will help me.

Also when applying the lanyard to the DESS post not beeps at all, including one long beep ?

Do you have a multi-meter ?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hey Kenny O, Im Doug, I was told that it had a low amount of hours on it but gave no real amount so not real sure. It does not beep at all when attaching lanyard to DESS post. I do have a meter, test light, etc.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have checked the start stop button with the meter and it seems to be working so thinking maybe, lanyard, post or hopefully not ECM
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.

OK, give me a bit here while I pull up the wiring diagram

Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.

Hey Doug one question I forgot to ask you, at any point that you know of, was the battery hooked up backwards at any point ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Have no idea on the battery. Really have no history on the ski, sorry
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.

Yeah I figured that based on how you received it, so you say that you replaced all the fuse, better then that I like to check for power on the top of each fuse with a test light, I would like you to tell me the fuses you have power on without the lanyard plugged in ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have no power on any of them, I replaced them knowing the old one were good just in case...lol...still nothing is hot. I did jump the starter solenoid (how ever you spell) and engine turned over but that's all Ive gotten out of it
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
For fuses all I know of is a positive cable in-line fuse, 3 fuses located in what I think is the MPEM and 1 fuse above the starter solenoid at the rear of compartment. Any others I haven't found or can check?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Have 6 places in the MPEM and I placed a fuse in all of them. Figured what I didn't need would be spares any ways.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Good Morning Kenny, anything different to try
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, Sorry for the delay, I was called out of town unexpectedly, yes I have a check for the DESS post and I currently looking where I stored it, (electronic) I will get back as soon as I can

Thanks again !