Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

I had a small fire on boar out 1994 '90 SE LX Seswirl. Ive

Customer Question

I had a small fire on boar out 1994 `90 SE LX Seswirl. Ive pulled all the wire from the dash to the engine and ordered new wire to install. he new wires arrived and looks like I'm missing some important parts, like the harness that attaches to the fuses. I just purchased and entire wire system from a boat yard but I would really like to see a step by and even a drawing of where to get back in the water,
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: THnaks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

There is no published wiring diagram for your boat. This is something that most all boat manufactures do not release. There are also several different harness inside the helm of a boat. There is the one from the engine to the helm, from the battery to the fuse panel, and then from the fuse panel to the switches. From the switches, there is a boat harness that leads to all of the components. You will need to contact the place where you bought the one that you have now to see if you can get all the others, or create a custom harness of your own.