Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

I have a 2009 Boston Whaler 250 outrage with twin 200hp

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Boston Whaler 250 outrage with twin 200hp verados. While running the boat after 10 min of running it the starboard engine died out. I tried starting it again and it tried to turn over but did not. It sounds as if its starving for gas. (the gas is 3/4 full) so it it not lack of gas. The following day I went down to the boat and it started right away. It ran for about 3-5 min then died out again. I tried restarting it and once again it sounded like the engine was starving for gas.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

The first thing to look at is the fuel line from the engine to the boat. Make sure that there is not a primer bulb in it, this engine does not require one. Then remove the line from a fitting going to the engine, look inside the boats fuel line to make sure that it is not coming apart. If so replace that line. Then look at your filters. Make sure that there is not any debris in the low pressure filter going to the fuel pumps.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I already gave the boat in to Mercury . This question was asked 3 days ago and I opted to pay more to get a quick response . I hope I am not billed for this.
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.