Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 3.5 B2 had foamy leakage from the two holes on back

Customer Question

i have a 3.5 B2 had white foamy leakage from the two holes on back of leg. removed lower unit and there was quiet a bit of the foam around water pump as well. but when i checked the gear oil it is clean milk free and full. the engine was running fine and circulating water well. i inspected impeller and it looks good as well.also inspected shift shaft seal and it looks good.blew regulated air at 10PSI into water transfer tube and held my finger over discharge hose on cylinder and noticed air leaking somewhere in upper leg .what to do
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

There is a seal on the bottom of the block that will need to be inspected and replaced. It is part 15 in the diagram. This seal would allow oil from the engine to reach the water pump cover.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Tohatsu/Outboard/2002%20And%20Earlier/M3.5B2/CLYLINDER-CRANK%20CASE%20ASSY/parts.html