Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

Mercury 4 stroke will not stay running no codes fuel pump

Customer Question

Mercury 4 stroke will not stay running no codes fuel pump pressure .is 40 lbs starts for a second then shuts down
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: changed cpu and does the same thing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: should the fuel pressure be higher ?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** will assist you.

The fuel pressure is right on spec, but you still may not be getting enough to the injectors. Remove the filters from the inlet side of the injectors and see if the engine will now run. i have seen many of these engines with the filters clogging a bit over time, and this will get it running again.