Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I have a 1991 3.0 merc cruse alpha one. The boat will start

Customer Question

I have a 1991 3.0 merc cruse alpha one. The boat will start right up and idle perfect. After funning the boat for abut 30 minutes it would stall but then fired right back up then about 30 minutes later stalled again so I decided to pull lines and make the nine mile run in with no problems boat ran great. The next day boat started right up and decided to run it after about fifteen minutes it stalled bumped the key and it fired right up headed back to dock ran fine when I put boat in neutral it runs so smooth can't hardly even tell it's running. Thanks Scott
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 3 months ago.

Hello Scott. My name is Tan.

Have you changed the fuel filter in the fuel pump and the carburetor?

Expert:  Tan replied 3 months ago.

Did the engine cough or do anything to make you think it was going to die or just quit with no warning?