Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

My 2000 Hurricane with an MCM 5.7L lost power to the

Customer Question

My 2000 Hurricane with an MCM 5.7L lost power to the ignition and entire front panel after starting successfully and idling for about 1-2min. Now it won't start at all. Battery is fully charged and power line seems fine
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: Are you there?
JA: No. I'm the Marine Mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: So, how long does it take to hear back from the Marine Mechanic?
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is anyone there?
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

If the battery is still fine, and you have no power to the helm, there is a fuse or a breaker right near the battery that you will need to check or replace. Then after that, it the engine will not crank, check the main breaker located at the top of the engine and make sure that it is reset. If the trim has stopped working as well, the battery may be the source of the issue.