Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.

What type of engine oil does the manual recommend 2005 5.0L

Customer Question

What type of engine oil does the manual recommend for a 2005 5.0L MPI ALPHA ( 260 PHP ) MCM STERN DRIVE
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I need to add oil to my 2005 5.0L MPI ALPHA ( 260 PHP ) MCM STERN DRIVE as the oil level is near the fill line
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: No, I just need the oil recommended by the owners manual
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Here is the recommendations from the manual. I use a good name brand grade of engine oil with these specs. Castrol, Valvoline etc.etc.

Post back with questions.