Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Must have pop the breaker going to alternator and i can not

Customer Question

Must have pop the breaker going to alternator and i can not find it.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: The alternator went bad on the motor and one of my guys did not turn the battery switch so now it wont turn over
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I found the breaker under the one plate on top of engine on port side valve cover, did not have a volt meter with me, did not seem pop but i layed a screwdriver across terimals just in case
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

What engine are you working on, and what seems to be the problem?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Art mercruiser 496
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Hi Art,

What seems to be the problem?

Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

I tried to accept your request for phone service but it says your payment did not go through. Did you want to get that straightened out, or did you want to stay online?

Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Are you still with me Art?