Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a '60s ~Craft 327F in my '59 ~Craft 18' Continental

Customer Question

I have a '60s Chris~Craft 327F in my '59 Chris~Craft 18' Continental ... that replaced the common Chevy 283. I am re-wiring the system. The original, (as far as I know), dash gauges are all electrical with the exception of the RPM gauge. I am looking for both, a water temp sensor for the block, as well as an electronic oil pressure sensor, (perhaps the more important of the two). And, .. as long as I'm at it here, I wonder if there might be a wiring schematic for this boat, with this engine, available online.
I'll say, right off the bat, While I am a professional Antique & Classic Wood Boat Restorer.. I am no electrician ... and there is a good reason one of my nicknames is "Sparky".
Any good, experienced help here would be great ... thanks .. Curtis
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 4 months ago.

Hello Curtis. My name is Tan.

Do you know the make of the gauges?

Wiring schematics for these engines are real hard to find as most have been picked up by Chris Craft restorers.

Here is a link to allot of Chris Craft information. Sometimes you can get info from one of these enthusiasts.