Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma

I just replace the throttle control box and I 't geleive I

Customer Question

I just replace the throttle control box and I don't geleive I have the shift cable adjusted correctly. the gears grind when going from neutral into forward or reverse
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: How do I get the proper length on the motor end of the shift cable?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: Alpha one mercruiser 3.0LX 1994 crownline
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Ok the proper length is as attached. Since there is no clutch you need to go to gear and out of gear with one constant move as if you go slowly there will always be the grinding noise until the gears latch correctly.