Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I have a 19 ft double eagle with a 150 evinrude on it and

Customer Question

I have a 19 ft double eagle with a 150 evinrude on it and when im just sitting in the water it steers with 1 finger the minute I give any throttle it gets harder to steer left when your up and planning you need 2 hands as hard as you can to turn left
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: do you think its theprop ive tried different things with trim tabs but doesn't seem to help
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Try this when you get the boat up on plane try trimming the engine up till the torques goes away. Many times if the boat is trimmed down to far the boat steers the boat and not the engine you have to much boat in the water. So try trimming the engine up till torque lessen. Trim is very critical to the amount of torque on the steering wheel.

Post back with findings and questions.