Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

1985 sea ray sundancer 260 wiring of navagation light switch

Customer Question

Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 12 months ago.

Hi Scott, my name is Jason.

Which switch do you have? Do you have a make or part number on the switch? If no, can you take a picture of it for me.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

dont have part # ***** pic fuse is on top of switch switch has up center and down postion no diode

Expert:  Jason replied 12 months ago.

I can't help you unless I know exactly which switch you have. Did you want to get a pic and get back to me, or did you want to call this quits?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

i will get a pic in a bit weather is starting to clear up

Expert:  Jason replied 12 months ago.

Okay sounds good. Let me see which switch you have and we will take it from there. Make sure you take a picture of both the front and back of the switch.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

the switch name is ***** ***** proplems downloadin pics

Expert:  Jason replied 12 months ago.

Got it.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

need your email address i can send from my phone

Expert:  Jason replied 12 months ago.
I'm attaching a wiring diagram for this style switch, see attachment. Do you have any other questions on the issue?
Expert:  Jason replied 12 months ago.

Here is another diagram, this one might be easier for you to make out. What you want to keep in mind when wiring this is if you flip the switch in 1 direction, just the stern light will come on. If you flip it the other way, the stern and bow light will come on.

Expert:  Jason replied 12 months ago.

I think that should do it. But I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

where are bow light hook ups

Expert:  Jason replied 12 months ago.

That is shown in the diagram I gave you. Did you look at both the diagrams that I uploaded?

Expert:  Jason replied 12 months ago.

Both diagrams show the same thing, but the 2nd diagram is a little easier to follow. Do you see the 2nd diagram?

Expert:  Jason replied 12 months ago.

Was there anything else Scott?

Expert:  Jason replied 12 months ago.

It looks like you read my reply without putting through a rating for me. Please keep in mind the website does charge you to speak with me, but they will hold your money and not credit me for helping you out if no rating is put through. If you have a problem with the ratings box or can not see it please let me know.

Thanks

Jason