Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I own a 2006 SR210. And the left engine is having a

Customer Question

Hi. I own a 2006 SR210. And the left engine is having a problem.it wont hold the idle function and it wont accelerate. The engine is also shutting off because of this issue. The Throttle bodies, make a creaking noise, and if you pull the air hose that goes to the T.B. You can see how the butterfly moves sporadically .. I switched all the components from the right side engine (the working one), including the complete ACU with the regulator and the throttle body, and the problem persists. If you have an email address where I could send a video of the engine issue that would be great!
Category: Boat
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 5 months ago.

Hi and thank you for your question. I am happy to help you diagnose and repair your SR210.

Since you have swapped some components already and it did not help, we need to look elsewhere. At this point, I would suggest checking the oil to make sure it isn't over full or has water in it, then pull the spark plugs and inspect them. Also, lets do a compression test while we have the spark plugs out too.

Let me know what the plugs look like and exact to the pound what each cylinder has for compression. Make sure you keep the spark plugs in order of removal front to back so if a cylinder has a problem, you will know which one it came out of.

Thanks

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi. You welcome.
I already did all that, except the oil level. Is not water on it, but i didn't check the level.I will do it today.. I don't want to bee cocky, but the problem is a sensor or whatever send the signal to the throttle b. I am a Hi Perf. Engine builder, I jut not familiar with this type of engines on the electronic side..
The throttle b. Opens and close really quick, more like shaking and wen you turn of the engine, or turns itself of, you hear that noise of the servo and gears inside the throttle b ( I already took it apart, and everything is good) and like I said before, I switch the noise T.B to the good motor, and works fine.
Do you know if is a TPS, or a sensor that controls the TB?
PS: Wen you disconnect the TB, The idle is perfect, but of course, is almost no acceleration.. I can send you e video if is ok for you or this Just Answer company.
Let me know.
Thanks.
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 5 months ago.

Fair enough. I will opt out and let you try your luck with another expert. I don't want to argue with you or take numerous posts to get all the information you have and what you have already tried. That is wasting time for both of us.

Customer/p>