Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have restored a 1969 Correct Craft Mustang with the 289

Customer Question

I have restored a 1969 Correct Craft Mustang with the 289 Ford V8. It has a full set of Stewart Warner gauges which look great and all work, except, I cannot figure out the Speedometer. It does not have an external pick-up for the speedo. Does it work off the engine or trans ? Do you have a wiring diagram for this SW speedometer ?
Thank you
Tom Wischman
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Which model of gauge do you have?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
It is a Stewart Warner Speedometer. I cannot find a model # ***** it but it is the standard SW gauge that was used by Correct Craft in this era, 1969. Black face, 3" diameter face, no odometer. The boat has a full set of SW gauges and this is the only one that is not operating. I am quite sure it is a connection problem. It does not have an external impeller to gauge the speed like most marine speedo's that I have seen.
Expert:  Charles replied 12 months ago.

What does the back of the gauge look like? Can you post a pic of it here?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
It is in the dash and kind of awkward to see but I will try and get some photo's of the back.
Expert:  Charles replied 12 months ago.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I just don 't think we are going in the right direction to solve the problem. I have written to Ski-Natique / Correct Craft, customer service and requested a wiring diagram and information on the SW speedometer used in this boat. Thank you for you attempt but I just don't see getting the problem resolved with this method.
Expert:  Charles replied 12 months ago.

Very well. Good luck with your boat.