Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

Have been running motor all week in lake. Ran 20 min got out

Customer Question

Have been running motor all week in lake. Ran for about 20 min got out swam. Got back in started right up cut out after a min and now won't stay running and won't start unless throttle is up past idle
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Could I please get the serial number of the engine?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can't find it its a 25 hp four stroke Bigfoot 2004. I've check fuel. I checked oil level. I sprayed with ether it started then died. I checked fuel filter gas is passing thru it I sprayed ether and squeezed bulb and it started and I took it out for five min when I went to dock and throttled down it stalled and now won't start at all
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Four stroke?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I wrote four stroke in the first line of my last message
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

I do not see it.

Anyways, take a sample of the fuel in the tank. Make sure that when you dodged the storm that you did not get any water into it from the rain.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
After all I said to you. The response you give me is check for water. I'm not satisfied I want a refund.
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

That was step one of a list of items that could be wrong with the engine. I need to make sure that there is good clean fuel going to the engine otherwise I am wasting my time and yours.