Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

My 96 seadoo gtx wont start..pulled plugs off and it turns

Customer Question

My 96 seadoo gtx wont start..pulled plugs off and it turns over with of the cylinders squirts out a milky oil? And plug is covered in compression is 240
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Did u get that last message?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: Its sat up for a couple years but it started last year
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

With the oily substance coming from the cylinder, You are going to need to open up the carbs and do a good cleaning on them. Replacing the needles and the O-rings as you put them back together. Get rid of the old fuel and oil. After you have replaced this, give the ski a test run on a flusher. This should take care of your issue.