Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a 1995 yahama C 85hp TLRT outboard. I need pilot jets

Customer Question

I have a 1995 yahama C 85hp TLRT outboard. I need pilot jets for the carborators (part #676-14948-18-00) I was told they are out of stock till the end of July. I'm sure yahama uses this carb on many applications.motorcycles.... can you find me a pilot jet that fits this carb? I know it won't idle properly but I can live with that. I keep this outboard on a remote island in the Bahamas and not having these jets are a vacation stopper. Thank you in advance for your help. *** ******
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 9 months ago.

Hello Rob. My name is Tan.

Here is a couple suppliers with the jet in stock.

http://www.marineengine.com/newparts/part_search.php?part_num=676-14948-18-00

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/yamaha/outboard/Y-676-14948-18-00.html

http://www.crowleymarine.com/parts/486749.cfm

Post back if you need further assistance.

Thank you......Tan

Please don't forget to positively rate my help as that is the only way I get credit for helping you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I already tried. If you live chat with them or place the order they don't have them in stock.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Feel free to ask them. I've devoted many hours to this. Even spoken with yahama a few times. That is why my question is very specific.
Expert:  Tan replied 9 months ago.

I just went to order on both of these sites and the order went all the way through to the payment part.

Expert:  Tan replied 9 months ago.

Now see I have no idea what you have done as far as checking. We are not a Yamaha dealer and I con only direct you to suppliers show they have a part in stock.

What is wrong with the jets you have?

Expert:  Tan replied 9 months ago.

How many jets do you need?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I know. They will take your money. I encourage you to contact them and ask if in stock. The 3 Jets I have are damaged and not usable. Please read the original question. If you don't know and are unwilling to research. That's OK
Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Hi Robert, my name is Jason.

How many jets do you need?

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

I have a supplier that I can call to see if they have them in stock or not, but I will need to know how many you need.

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

My supplier opens up at 8am PST, so in about 20 minutes. Did you want me to call them or did you want to call this quits?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please call.
Thank You!