Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a 1995 yahama C 85hp TLRT outboard. I need pilot jets

Customer Question

I have a 1995 yahama C 85hp TLRT outboard. I need pilot jets for the carborators (part #676-14948-18-00) I was told they are out of stock till the end of July. I'm sure yahama uses this carb on many applications.motorcycles.... can you find me a pilot jet that fits this carb? I know it won't idle properly but I can live with that. I keep this outboard on a remote island in the Bahamas and not having these jets are a vacation stopper. Thank you in advance for your help. *** ******
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 11 months ago.

Hello Rob. My name is Tan.

Here is a couple suppliers with the jet in stock.

http://www.marineengine.com/newparts/part_search.php?part_num=676-14948-18-00

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/yamaha/outboard/Y-676-14948-18-00.html

http://www.crowleymarine.com/parts/486749.cfm

Post back if you need further assistance.

Thank you......Tan

Please don't forget to positively rate my help as that is the only way I get credit for helping you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I already tried. If you live chat with them or place the order they don't have them in stock.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Feel free to ask them. I've devoted many hours to this. Even spoken with yahama a few times. That is why my question is very specific.
Expert:  Tan replied 11 months ago.

I just went to order on both of these sites and the order went all the way through to the payment part.

Expert:  Tan replied 11 months ago.

Now see I have no idea what you have done as far as checking. We are not a Yamaha dealer and I con only direct you to suppliers show they have a part in stock.

What is wrong with the jets you have?

Expert:  Tan replied 11 months ago.

How many jets do you need?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I know. They will take your money. I encourage you to contact them and ask if in stock. The 3 Jets I have are damaged and not usable. Please read the original question. If you don't know and are unwilling to research. That's OK
Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.

Hi Robert, my name is Jason.

How many jets do you need?

Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.

I have a supplier that I can call to see if they have them in stock or not, but I will need to know how many you need.

Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.

My supplier opens up at 8am PST, so in about 20 minutes. Did you want me to call them or did you want to call this quits?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please call.
Thank You!