Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

Just bought a evinrude 5.5 fishermans friend

Customer Question

Hi, just bought a evinrude 5.5 fishermans friend model5516-07323. Can i get operators maual? I need ful mixture ratio, et.
Thanks for the help
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Hi Dave, my name is Jason.

I can tell you what the oil mixture is, as well as direct you to a source where you can buy an owners or service manual. Would that be helpful, or did you want to call it quits?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am confused. I thought i just paid to get the answers to my questions?
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

You asked 2 questions. (that I can see)

1. The oil mixture

2. You are also asking for an operators manual.

I can tell you what the fuel mixture is. But I can not give you an operators manual for 2 reasons. 1. I don't have it. 2. They are copywritten, so even if I did have it, if I gave it to you, it would by copyright theft, which I can't do. If it is helpful to you I can tell you were to buy the manuals as well as what the oil mixture is. But if that is not helpful to you then you can put in for a refund.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK tell me the oil mixture and where to get the manual and you can charge my card the 26 bucks. Is tha the deal?
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Well... No not really, that's not how the system works. The way this works is I am just a contractor, I do not work for Justanswer directly. Justanswer has charged you a deposit of 26 dollars to speak with me. The way this works is we have a conversation, I answer what I can for you, at the end of that conversation you would put a rating through for my help. Once the rating is put forth, the website takes your deposit and splits it up, they keep some for hosting the website and they pass a portion on to me for helping you out. In the end of our conversation I have to make sure you are happy with the assistance I give you. I can tell you the oil ratio, I can tell you where to buy the books, but I can not give you the books. You do have the option to cancel. Did you want to continue, knowing that the website is going to charge you the 26, or did you want to cancel, and refund?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Cancel and refund. Thank you
Expert:  Tan replied 5 months ago.

Hello Dave. My name is Tan. Here is what you need. The fuel oil ratio is 24:1 and here is the manuals you can get.

http://www.outboardbooks.com/index.cfm/manual/5516/

Post back if you need further assistance.

Expert:  Tan replied 5 months ago.

This is a ratio of 5.3 ounces of oil to one gallon of gas.

Please don't forget to positively rate my help as that is the only way I get credit for answering your questions.

Thank you.........Tan