Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

The windlass anchor on my 2005 Sea Ray 260 DA suddenly

Customer Question

The windlass anchor on my 2005 Sea Ray 260 DA suddenly stopped working. There is not a clicking sound when I press on the control switch. Can you provide me with all of the steps to take to try to repair this on my own?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

First step is to look at the fuse for the windless at the battery. If that is good, check at the helm for a fuse in the control circuit. Then remove the switch panel from the dash and using a multimeter check the wiring on the back of it for power. Normally red or orange. If it does have power, I will need the exact model of the windless to guide further.