Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

4.3 mercruser no power to electric fuel pump is their a

Customer Question

4.3 mercruser no power to electric fuel pump is their a relay
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: boat ran fine last year winterized it put it away only way it will run this year if I poor fuel in carb elec fuel pump no power to it with test light
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Could I get the engine serial number please?

The fuel pump should only have power when cranking, initial key on and engine running.

Have you tested for voltage when cranking? Do you hear fuel pump run momentarily when key ois turned to on?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No power and no sound from fuel pump
Expert:  Tan replied 7 months ago.

Try applying voltage directly to the fuel pump. Does it run?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Did not try that yet
Expert:  Tan replied 7 months ago.

This will eliminate the fuel pump leaving us with and electrical issue. You didn't tell me whether it has power or not when cranking?

I also need the engine serial number to know exactly what you have. Different engine have different circuits.

There is an oil pressure switch # ***** that turns pump on once you have achieved oil pressure. http://www.marineengine.com/parts/mercury_marine_parts/static/img/COMMON/2207.gif