Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.

I have a 2000 Glastron with a 185 HP Merc-cruiser. The

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Glastron with a 185 HP Merc-cruiser. The serial number on the air cleaner is unreadable. I had been having intermittent problems with the power trim using either the dashboard switch or the throttle switch. I decided that a solenoid was cheap enough that I just bought two since I need this to work in four days. I'd like to replace both solenoids, but the wiring is very complicated. I took the top solenoid (blue/white wites) off and I may just replace it instead of trying both unless you can provide some really good detailed pictures so I can disconnect everything and replace both?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Here is a wiring diagram.

If you have an issue I can help with any wire in question.

Post back with questions and issues.