Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

After starting My 1983 140 hp 180 4 cylinder mercruiser, the

Customer Question

Hello...My name is ***** ***** My 1983 140 hp 180 cid 4 cylinder mercruiser, the engine will start revving up without touching the just revs....I'll pull back the throttle and at around 1000 rpm it dies..... New plugs...
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Hi Rich, my name is Jason.

What is the story on this engine, when did it last run correctly? How old is the fuel?

Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Hi Rich, it looks like you read my reply and logged off. The website has charged you to speak with me, did you still need help with this?