Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Impeller is good, water is flowing to the mixing elbow. But

Customer Question

Impeller is good, water is flowing to the mixing elbow. But no water is discharged at the exhaust. What could cause this?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Pull the hose off at the mixing elbow now check the fitting on the elbow is it clogged? If you have water to the elbow the elbow or the fitting on the elbow are clogged. This is a common spot for clogging.

Post back with findings.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did that, there was a small amount of debris. I cleaned it out. I took the exhaust hose and and probed inside the mixing elbow with my finger and a piece of coat hanger. Found nothing. The exhaust hose takes a very winding path to the exit point. This path goes from the mixing elbow to the bottom of the boat to a very high loop back down to the bottom then back up very high then down to the exit. Could the water be gathering in these low spots and after 3 hours running just not accumulated enough to reach the exhaust exit?
Expert:  Tan replied 11 months ago.

The exhaust pressure should be pushing all the water out.

Have you inspected the heat exchanger for debris slowing the water flow? You might have water flow but is it enough volume.