Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

Where is the Kill Switch located 1986 Ski Nautique. The past

Customer Question

Where is the Kill Switch located for a 1986 Ski Nautique. The past weekend we had hit a wave in our 1986 Ski Nautique and the boat motor stop running. It then would turn over but would never seem to have a spark to fire off. Any suggestions?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

I don't think there is a kill switch on this engine. But if there is it would be next to the control or the key switch.

Do you have a volt meter to do some voltage tests.

When you turn the key switch to on position do the gauges come on?

If yes then check for voltage at the ignition coil [positive terminal key on do you have voltage? If no voltage check the main engine wiring harness plug where the boat harness plugs in to the engine harness. Pull plug apart check pins then reconnect pushing the plug together real tight.

Post back with findings and questions.