Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

The throttle keeps slipping back, I have to hold it in order

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, The throttle keeps slipping back, I have to hold it in order to keep the same rpm
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I suspect that in the control box there is an adjustment but I have not been able to open the box.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: When the rpm gets to about 2500 rpm the engine surges.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

What brand and HP of engine are you working with?