Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I have a 99 Force 120 HP. I have power through the trim

Customer Question

I have a 99 Force 120 HP. I have power through the trim switch all the way back to the trim relays. I also have 12 volts at the trim relays from the battery. If I connect a jumper wire across the relay plugin the trim motor will operate both up and down. I checked the ground wire from the relays to the motor and they are good. I am frustrated, as both relays are new. The only pro
blem are I can identify are the trim switch only has 7 volts coming to it.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: Is there a srepdown voltage going to the trim switch or should there be 12 volts there as well?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Try this apply voltage to the relays where the trim wires activate the relays. Blue/white up and green/white down.

Does the trim work now?