Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

Im trying to wire delco marine alternator to my 89

Customer Question

im trying to wire delco marine alternator to my 89 mercruiser but wiring it slightly different
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: it is a 5.7L mercruiser with 4 wire alternator hookup
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

What is the serial number on your engine, and the part number on the alternator that you are trying to install?

Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

It looks like you read my reply and logged off. The website has charged you to speak with me, did you still need help with this or did you not have your serial/part numbers handy at this time?