Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have twin 99' 200 hp oceanrunners. My port motor won't

Customer Question

I have twin 99' 200 hp johnson oceanrunners. My port motor won't produce any power under load. I don't believe it's going into SLOW, it's just bogging down when I try and open up the throttle. I've basically swapped every part from the starboard motor and cannot recreate the problem on the starboard motor or fix the problem on the port motor. I've ran it off of an auxillary gas tank to eliminate a fuel line issue. I've disconnect the wiring harness and jumped it form the starter solenoid and ran it and it doesn't make a difference. I just pulled apart the carbs and cleaned them all out, no difference at all.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I believe thats it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

What is the model number on the engine?

Have you checked engine compression or spark output?

What is the max rpms the engine makes under a load?

When was the last time it ran correctly?

Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

It looks like you read my reply and logged off without responding back. The website has charged you to speak with me, did you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hey Jason my name is*****'s a Model J200CXEDR.
Compression is 95,90,93,90,95,110.
Spark on all 6 cylinders.
When I have the other motor WOT it will rev up but not all the way. My tachs aren't working right now. I can tell you the starboard motor revs up all the way like its suppose to but the port motor doesn't rev up half as much as the starboard motor.
I bought the motors as a pair and they've never run together strong.