Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I'm trying to identify the correct steel prop 2005 Mercury

Customer Question

I'm trying to identify the correct steel prop for my 2005 Mercury marine (model 106412DN) 60hp ELPTO outboard motor. What I've read online says that I have to ensure I get the correct pitch so not to over or under rev the engine, and ensure that the steel prop is supported by the correct gear ratio - which I don't know what is. The aluminum prop is stamped "48 816706A40 14P"
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with

Picking the correct prop size involves the boat as well. What is the year, make and model of the boat the outboard is on? How many people/how much weight on average is in the boat? Are you at high altitude, or sea level?

Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. It looks like you read my reply and logged off. The website has charged you to speak with me, did you still need help with this?