koboma, Mechanic
Experience:  Diesel engine expert on all older engines .

A 2006 Yamaha Waverunner. Its starts but will not run.

Customer Question

A 2006 Yamaha Waverunner. Its starts but will not run. Believe it may be fuel filter needs cleaning or replaing or the water seperator with vauuum line is clogged. Cannot find the fueld filter? It sat over winter was not winterized. Drained fuel, put new fuel in ot and started right up took on water and it diet after 3 minutes at sea. Again it will fire up nbut not stay running.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: It has less than 20 hours on it. We bought it new in 2007.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The Model is Yamaha VX1100 2006
Expert:  koboma replied 3 months ago.

The fuel pump in the tank, is the only filter on the fuel! It pumps directly into the fuel manifold for the fuel injectors. You have already cleaned the vent canister on the fule tank?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No is that the small wtite cannister on top of tank with a hose marked vent from one side? Do I just screw off bottom of it to clean it? Will it spill out fuel when I do?
Expert:  koboma replied 3 months ago.

It should not have fuel in it/ It is there to keep water from getting into the tank.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is it at simple as screwing off the bottom, cleaning it and screwing it back on? By hand or pliers?
Expert:  koboma replied 3 months ago.

Expert:  koboma replied 3 months ago.

I see question is still open, Did you get it going?