Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

My 2004 52 foot Tiara Sovran has a Lewmar bow thruster. I

Customer Question

My 2004 52 foot Tiara Sovran has a Lewmar bow thruster. I need a new prop for the thruster and was quoted a $3000 price just for the prop? This cannot be correct. I know it's brass but...
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

Hi Lou, my name is Jason.

Do you know the model number on the bow thruster?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not near boat, tried to get number but it was not on unit. Waiting to hear back from Tiara. Gave them hull #, etc. last week to get model #. $3,000 seems very excessive. Do you know of supplier that sells reconditioned, used parts?
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

You can buy replacement props for the bow thrusters no differently than you would buy props for a boat. They start at roughly 50 bucks and run up to about 1000, depending on your specific model. Click this link below, this is a selection of replacement propellers.

http://www.defender.com/category.jsp?path=-1%7C2331321%7C2331333&id=2501583

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks. Guess I need to get model # ***** Tiara and contact Lewmar. Defender doesn't carry Lewmar and the ones on their site are composite. This estimate has surprised me. I purchased reconditioned 32" props for my previous boat for $3K each. This bow thruster prop can't be more that 8" !
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

If you can find out exactly which model thruster you have I can look up the part numbers for you.

Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry but I can't find anything on that model number. (Not even on google) are you sure it's correct?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
continuation of prior notes- the model # ***** for the Lewmar thruster. I have been given an outlandish price of over $3K for a new prop. Do you know if I can substitute a composite prop or are there used, reconditioned props available? Searched online without success. thanks
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Lewmar Model is 200SVTAE-24V. Looking into replacement prop (composite or other) rather than $3500 price I got from Lewmar. 7-1/2" aluminum prop! Do you know of any sources that may have reconditioned/used parts? Thanks
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

I still can't find that model number. I will opt out, if one of the other guys has any ideas they will jump in.