Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

All of a sudden the front NAV lights on my 2012 Bennington

Customer Question

All of a sudden the front NAV lights on my 2012 Bennington pontoon boat aren't working. The tower NAV light in the rear works, as does all of the other electric. Any thoughts what it might be? I live on a private lake without easy access to a marine mechanic. Thanks...John
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

First look at the back of the NAV light switch. Make sure that the wire simply did not become unplugged from the switch. It that is good, look under the front of the boat for the wires that go to each light, inspect the wires for any nicks or cuts. If good there inspect the wires as they run along the top of the pontoon log toward the helm, a small creature could have chewed them up. Let me know what you find.