Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

A 4 seater Seadoo. S, I'll be back later, Ok. We have a 4

Customer Question

A 4 seater Seadoo. S
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I'll be back later
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Ok. We have a 4 seater Seadoo Bombadier. Last year we had a new engine and new battery installed and brought it back to covered dock, put it up on a boat lift and covered it. We took the battery out. Last night we put the battery on a charger as a precaution and today put in battery and drive Seadoo 1/4 mile to another dock. Turned it off and tied it up. Now the beep is continuous once we put the key in. The beep stops when we push the start button but it won't start.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: Thanks for any ideas
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
They charged me $26. Which is fine if I get some serious attention. My initial impression was that someone was "standing by" which is consistent with 10 minutes but not consistent with "up to 24 hours ". So I remain hopeful.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

What engine do you have in the boat?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do not know. Supposedly the same engine type that came with it. They had a rebuilt one that was the same engine supposedly. I've left the dock. If you need me to go down and get the info, can you think of anything else I should look at.
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

Without knowing what engine is in the boat, I cannot tell you where to start to look at items.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok. I will check. The engine does seem to be running fine when it started.
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

Ok thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can send you pics
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Engine says. Orbital equipped. Direct fuel injection.
Rotax 379605
Scf RX19. I believe Seadoo only made one 4 seater type. They are huge. Like a small boat. So perhaps you can pull that up if you are not familiar with them.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The Seadoo is the LRV. Made for just 4 years. The only 4 seat. They say the engine was a 947?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Pics don't go but I've sent all the engine info.
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** them. I am on the phone with another customer at the moment. I will reply back to you as soon as I get off the phone.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Take your time.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Any ideas?
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

Sorry, finally got off the phone.. For your engine, have you tested the voltage going to the starter when cranking?

Have you tested the compression on the engine yet?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Both were tested by the boat repair when the new engine was put in. And this is just the second time to drive it since then. It really doesn't seem to me to make sense that would be the problem since it started and ran fine until we turned it off and now it won't start again. Do you really think that is likely, and that is where to begin?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am still waiting for a helpful hint. You can't check the voltage when it isn't starting. I noted l'd appreciate reviewing by phone when we were just starting. Is that possible?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My phone number is(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Error.(###) ###-####
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

Hello, again, Sorry for all the delays, We do this on the side from our homes.

For the issue, yes you can test the voltage going to the starter even though the engine is not starting. I need to know if it is close to 12V with the kill switch in and you press the start switch.