Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1991 2 stroke evinrude outboard. Use nothing but gh

Customer Question

I have a 1991 2 stroke evinrude outboard. Use nothing but high test gas. I turned off
the engine and when I went to start it again the starter locked in the engagement position and would not t turn the engine over. Took out the two plugs and tried to start it but locked up again. Tried to turn the fly wheel but it will only turn about 1/2 turn and then it locks up . The pistons have compression for the 1/2 turn but it won't turn past this point. hat is your assessment to this situation?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Hi Dick, my name is Jason.

Do you have the model number, or at least the horsepower on the engine? You didn't mention what size it was.

Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Are you still with me?