Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1991 2 stroke evinrude outboard. Use nothing but gh

Customer Question

I have a 1991 2 stroke evinrude outboard. Use nothing but high test gas. I turned off
the engine and when I went to start it again the starter locked in the engagement position and would not t turn the engine over. Took out the two plugs and tried to start it but locked up again. Tried to turn the fly wheel but it will only turn about 1/2 turn and then it locks up . The pistons have compression for the 1/2 turn but it won't turn past this point. hat is your assessment to this situation?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 12 months ago.

Hi Dick, my name is Jason.

Do you have the model number, or at least the horsepower on the engine? You didn't mention what size it was.

Expert:  Jason replied 12 months ago.

Are you still with me?