Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

Yamaha 225 hpdi It is acting like it has bad fuel and there

Customer Question

Yamaha 225 hpdi It is acting like it has bad fuel and there is no power to get on plane. I have replaced all fuel filters and water seperator Any ideas>
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
While it is running the rpms will slow down and speed back up I cant get more than 4000 rpm
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Leaving all hoses connected, take out the two bolts that hold the 2 pulse pumps to the side of the block, then squeeze your primer bulb and see if you get any fuel out of the back of the pumps. If you do, replace the pumps then test run the engine. If this is not the cause, you will need to have the engine hooked to a scanner to monitor the pressure coming from the high pressure pump.