Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 2004 Glastron gs 279. It's in great shape but

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Glastron gs 279. It's in great shape but the cockpit faucet was leaking, so I just bought a new one as the old one was showing its age. My question is, how do I remove the old faucet? The doesn't appear to access to the plumbing and the sink is integrated into the cockpit. I'm sure there must be a way to get to it. Does the old one just "unscrew" and pull out. It's cold water only so only one connection. Seems simple enough but I am not familiar with the system.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Have you taken the seat cushion from the bottom of the seat next to the sink and seen if it is open there to gain access to the bottom of the sink?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have not, it is a reverse lounge seat, so under the bottom cushion would be the midship berth
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

Is there not a storage location there?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Could be, I didn't think to remove that. Under the sink is a non powered ice box that is screwed in place securely and doesn't look like there is any space between that and the side wall
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

If there is no access there, the only way to get at the base of the sink is to remove the ice box.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's at the marina and I am home now or else I could tell you the answer
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

No worries. there are no time limits here.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, I will check it out tomorrow morning and see if there is access via behind the cushions. Will I reach you tomorrow to continue this if I still need help or will I have to start from scratch?
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

When you reply, it will come directly to me. No need to open another question, simply reply back same as you are doing today.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

Your welcome