Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I believe I have a bad low pressure pump in my 2000 mercury

Customer Question

Hi. I believe I have a bad low pressure pump in my 2000 mercury optimax 225. Can you give the specs on what the pump should be pushing and a part number for a replacement
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Sometimes when I throttle up to get it on plane it won't get enough rpms to push out. I've checked all injected filters and pressures other than pump pressures
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

I will need the serial number on the engine to look up parts and specs. Can I get the serial number on the outboard please.