Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

97 Kawasaki 1100 zxi. Turns over very slow, won't charge the

Customer Question

97 Kawasaki 1100 zxi. Turns over very slow, won't charge the battery, and only goes to around 5000 rpm. Newer battery and starter. Im thinking it could be the stator, and it's only running on two cylinders. Any thoughts?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ?

This question is likely going to require extensive diagnosing, I am going to have to put some time is this question, I think you have a few things going on, I don't usually take these because of the time that it take, I need you to be aware of that upfront ?

Do you have the ability to follow my instructions, you will most likely need a multi-meter to start !

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm Andrew. I don't currently have a multi meter but I could probably go get one tomorrow
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I got a multi meter. I also pulled the engine out and checking all the connections